All Hindu people know about Ravana, Rama, Sita. Ravana is better known and remembered as the demon king who kidnapped Sita whom Rama defeated and killed, in a battle fought at Lanka and in India his decease is celebrated as Dussehra or Vijayadashami to commemorate the triumph of good over evil. But the King Ravana was much more than that according to some sagas.
Ravana is also worshipped as a God in few sects. There are several places in India and Sri Lanka where Ravana is worshiped. In Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh there is a huge Shivalinga supposedly installed by Ravana himself. Both Shivalinga and Ravana are worshiped by the fishermen community there.
Thousands of Kanyakubja Brahmins of the village Ravangram of Netaran, in the Vidisha District of Madhya Pradesh, perform daily puja (worship) in the Lord Ravana temple and offer naivedyam/bhog (a ritual of sacrifice) to the Gods.
Why Do We Celebrate Dussehra (Vijayadashami) – Short Essay
Traditionally, in India, the festival of Dussehra was always full of celebrations, where the whole society mingled to laud the victory of truth and goodness. But as foreign influences and incursions surfaced over the past two hundred years, we have forgotten our cultural inheritance.
Even now in some parts of the country Dussehara is equally vibrant, but it is being forgotten in the rest of the realm. Dussehra is not just a festival that belongs to Hindu deities but also a symbolic way to remind everyone that we need to analyze ourselves and then overcome our sins.
The Festival Of Dussehra Celebrations: Dussehra, is a cultural festival of great importance that follows the nine days of Navratri. The 9-day long festival Navratri is replete with a metaphor about conquering the evil and lewd essence, and to adore all phases of life and for the people and purposes that contribute to our happiness.
Vijayadashami – The Day of Victory: After 9 days of battle over evil and vicious thoughts, Vijayadashami is the day for celebrating the victory. This carries home the message of how being in humility and restraint from evil thoughts in our courses drives us to triumph.
Happy Dussehra Wallpapers, Greetings & WhatsApp Wishes
How to celebrate dussehra festival at home: Dress up your kids as various figures from the epic Ramayana and make them realize how good people fought by the side of Rama reciting the tales of this legendary battle between good and evil. Tell them that Dussehra is a symbolic celebration to acknowledge the triumph of the good virtues over the vicious thoughts.
Eco-friendly Dussehra celebration: Usually, the Puja Pandals are adorned with non-degradable Thermocol sheets, plastic products causing a huge volume of waste. So restrict your decoration to paper goods and other natural degradable things like bamboo.
Firecrackers that are used to make the huge effigies of Ravana emit poisonous smoke that pollutes the air. Amidst celebratory aberration, people tend to rupture firecrackers in a large scale. It is difficult to get away from them, but try to reduce the numbers.
Traditionally, eco-friendly clay was used to build the statues which were taken over by plaster of Paris (PoP), that pollutes the water and does not diffuse easily. Then these idols are painted with highly toxic paints to make them more lustrous, PoP and these chemical paints make the sculptures tough to recycle. Using clay and natural paints is the right way.
Dussehra 2017: Best quotes, SMSes, Hindi wishes to share on WhatsApp
अपने अंदर से अहंकार को निकाल कर स्वयं को हल्का करें
क्यूंकि ऊँचा वही उठता है जो हल्का होता है..
आइए इस दशहरा पर प्रण लें
खुद को बुरे विचारों और अहंकार से ऊपर उठाकर सद्विचारों का अनुसरण करने का
इतिहास गवाह रहा है
कि जब भी बुराइयों का अंधकार हुआ है
इश्वर ने सत्य के उजाले से उसका हरण किया है
सत्य में यकीन रखें, विजय अवश्य मिलेगी – Happy Vijayadashami
दशहरा सिर्फ एक पर्व नहीं यात्रा है..
असत्य से सत्य की ओर..
अंधकार से प्रकाश की ओर..
प्रभु श्री राम इस यात्रा में आपका पथ आलोकित करें!
दशहरा प्रतीक है..
परोपकार, पराक्रम, प्रेम व पुरुषार्थ का
आइए इस विजयदशमी पर संकल्प लें..
मर्यादा पुरुषोत्तम श्री राम की राह पर चलने का…
Dussehra 2017: Wishes, Images and Greetings to share on WhatsApp, Facebook
Everyday sun rises to give us a message –
‘Darkness will always be beaten by light’.
Let us follow the same natural rule and
Enjoy the festival of good over evil.
A time to revere,
The victory of good virtues over vicious thoughts
Let us imbibe the same spirit in us.
Inside each of us,
there is the seed of both good and evil.
Let us pledge to choose the right over wrong.
The line between the good and evil is penetrable
And we need to understand this difference and never fall on the wrong side of the coin.
Shocking facts about Ravana no one knows!
Here are few mind blowing facts about Ravana can amaze you with the other side of story:
- It is a well-known fact that Ravana was one of the most intelligent scholars of that time, keeping that in mind, Rama asked Lakshman to sit beside the dying Demon-brahman who shared some important lessons in statecraft and diplomacy.
- Some versions of the Ramayana say that King Ravana did not in fact have ten heads, but it appeared so because his mother gave him a necklace of nine pearls that caused an optical illusion for any observer. In another version, it is said that to please Shiva, Ravana chopped his own head into pieces, but his devotion made each piece spawn into another head.
- Ravans’s father was the famous rishi, Vishrava, who himself was a son of Prajapati Pulastya, one of Brahma’s ten ‘mind-born’ sons. So, that makes Ravana Brahma’s Great-grandson. Ravana was born to a rishi Vishrava and demon princess Kaikesi which made him partly Brahmin and partly daitya.
- Almost every Indian knows that Ravana was a great devotee of lord Shiva, but what most people don’t know is that Ravana had also composed a beautiful hymn called Shiva Tandav for lord Shiva. The hymn is very popular among Shaivites. The name ‘Ravan’ was conferred by Lord Shiva himself to his greatest devotee.
- Lanka was built by Vishwakarma and was acquired by Kubera, Ravana’s half brother. When Ravana returned from his penance, he won the complete control over Lanka from Kuber and the kingdom flourished under his rule. It is believed that even the poorest of houses had vessels made up of gold and hunger vanished from the country. The rise of Lanka speaks volumes about him being a wise and a just ruler. Ravana had not only conquered a big land with a lot of humans but also celestial and other demons that made him the almighty of asuras.
- It is believed that Ravana was powerful enough who can even interfere with planetary alignments. Epics say that during the birth of his son Meghnad, Ravan ordered the planets to stay in 11th house of the child, that would grant him immortality. But, Saturn, or Shani, refused to do so and stood in the 12th house. Ravan got so angry that it is believed that he attacked Shani Dev and even imprisoned him.
Who played Ravan in Ramanand Sagar Ramayan: Arvind Trivedi who basically hails from Gujarati cinema portrayed the role of Ravan in Ramanand Sagar’s television series Ramayan. He also appeared in other TV serials like Vikram Aur Betaal and others.
King Ravana’s Family Tree
What is the name of Ravana’s mother: Kaikesi was Ravana’s mother. Ravana’s father Vishrava abandoned his first wife Ilavida and his son Kubera to espouse Kaikesi, and fathered Ravana, Vibhishana, Kumbhakarna and a daughter, Shurpanakha from her. When Ravana ousted Kubera and crowned himself King of Lanka, a sickened Vishrava repudiated his demonic children and returned to Ilavida.
How many wives did Ravana have: As per Thai Ramayana Mural, Ravana had two wives. The Thai Emerald Buddha Temple has a monument of the demon king Ravana who sits on a throne with two of his wives. Lord Ravana was wedded to Mandodari, the daughter of the celestial architect Maya, Dhanyamalini. Some scriptures suggest he had a third wife too.
How many brothers and sisters did Ravana have: King Ravana had four brothers and two sisters. In some scriptures, Khara and Dushana are also termed as his brothers and in some epics they are termed as maternal cousins.
- Lord Kubera – The keeper of all the celestial wealth Kubera was an older half-brother of Ravana; they were born to the same father by different mothers.
- Vibhishana – A great disciple of Lord Rama and one of the most important characters in the Ramayana.
- Kumbhakarna – One of the most jovial demons in Hindu history. He was tricked into asking for eternal sleep by Lord Brahma as a boon. Ravana persuaded Lord Brahma to mitigate the power of the boon by making Kumbhakarna sleep for six months and being awake for rest six months of a year (in some versions, he is awake for one day out of the year).
- Ahiravana – Ahiravana was the son of sage Vishrava and a brother of Ravana, he was a demon with superpowers who clandestinely took away Lord Rama and his brother Lakshmana to the Patal (nether-world).
- Kumbhini – Sister of Lord Ravana and the wife of the demon Madhu, King of Mathura, she was the mother of Lavanasura (an Asura who was killed by Shatrughna, the youngest brother of Lord Ram).
- Surpanakha – She was the ultimate root of the kidnapping of Sita. She was the one who prompted her brothers to wage a war against Lord Ram.
How many sons Ravana did have:
King Ravana had seven sons from his three wives:
- Meghnaad was the eldest son of Ravana and his wife Mandodari. He was called Meghanada after his birth because his birth cry echoed like thunder. He was married to Sulochana, the chaste daughter of the King of the Serpents, Shesha Naga. Meghnaad is also known as Indrajit because he defeated Lord Indra.
- Atikaya was the younger brother of Indrajit (Meghanada) and was remarkably powerful. Once upon a time when he angered Lord Shiva atop Mount Kailasha, the god threw his Trishul at Atikaya, but Atikaya grabbed the Trishul in mid-air and folded his hands before the deity in a gentle way. Lord Shiva was gratified at seeing this and benevolently ordained Atikaya with the enigmas of archery and celestial weapons.
- Akshaya Kumara was the youngest son of King Ravana. He battled courageously with Lord Hanumana, aiming several lethal weapons at him. Lord Hanuman had to kill him, despite being profoundly fascinated by the young prince’s courage and skills.
- Devantaka was killed by Lord Hanuman during the Rama-Ravana war.
- Narantaka was in charge of a militia consisting of 720 million demons. He with his army was slain by the Bali’s son Angada.
- Trishira meshed Lord Rama in a battle and hit him with a number of arrows. At this Lord Ram told him that the arrows were nothing but like flowers being showered on his body and was eventually killed by him.
- Prahasta was Chief Commander of King Ravana’s army in Lanka.
Interesting Fact About Kumbhakarna
Was Kumbhakarna a good kind of devil: When Kumbhakarna was roused from his sleep during Rama-Ravana war, he sought to convince King Ravana to begin negotiations with Lord Ram and return Sita to him. But like Vibhishana, he too failed to correct the plans of Ravana.
Though, adhered to a brother’s responsibility, he fought on the side of King Ravana and was slain in the battleground. Before succumbing to death he met Vibhishana and commended him for following the way of uprightness.
What Is CIBIL Score and How It Is Calculated!
Till now, you had to spend Rs 500 to Rs. 1200 to know your credit score or CIBIL score, but do you know, now you can check your CIBIL score for free? Yes! You can check your credit score on the official website of Credit Information Bureau, without spending a single penny and can quickly know that as per your CIBIL score, at what interest rate and monthly EMI, you can take the loan from the bank.
Why good credit score is important: In the recent years, almost every bank has changed its policies and added a clause for good credit scorers. According to it, good credit scores will not only help in getting the loan on easy EMI terms, but also will assist in getting concessions in interest rates. For example, People having CIBIL score more than 760 in home loans for Bank Of Baroda, will get the loan at 8.35% interest rate only.
If your CIBIL score is not good, then you may face hurdles in getting your loan approved. As per the latest policies regarding credit score, if your previous loan repayments and the transaction record is stable, then the bank can even lessen your monthly EMI.
Frequently asked questions about Credit Score: Due to lack of the proper information regarding credit score, many people have doubts regarding it, like, what is CIBIL Score, how much CIBIL score is considered good, how to check CIBIL report online and how to improve credit score?
There would be many who need to know how credit score is calculated, if one has done negligence in previous transactions and loan repayments how to handle this situation of lousy track record. Here, in this article, we are bringing an answer to each of these questions & that too in straightforward words so that you can understand each term easily.
If you still have any query to ask or have valuable information about CIBIL score to share with our readers, then you can post it in the comment section at the end of this article.
What is a Credit Score?
How does CIBIL Bureau work: Trans-Union Credit Information Bureau India Limited (generally known as CIBIL) is India’s first ever credit information company, which keeps the transaction record of loans and credit cards, as provided by the banks in India.
CIBIL keeps the record of all reputed banks, creditors, commercial bodies and not only this, more than 2400 financial institutions are part of it. CIBIL maintains a complete record of above 550 Million accounts & credit records worldwide. Amazed, right? This huge database is the very reason behind the high credibility of CIBIL credit scoring algorithm.
हिंदी में पढ़ें: सिबिल स्कोर कितना होना चाहिए
These records are submitted by banks and other creditors to CIBIL on a monthly basis, and this information is then used to prepare the Credit Information Report (CIR) of creditors and to decide credit score so that lenders can judge the loan application of person by their financial records.
Why is it necessary to have a good CIBIL score?
Credit/CIBIL score plays a significant role in the loan approval process in any bank. Whenever you fill a loan application form, then the lender bank or the lender company inspect each detail of your credit report regarding your previous loan history. After analyzing your repayment capacity, lenders decide whether to lend you a loan or not. If your credit score is too low, then the lender will immediately deny to give you any loan.
How credit score is calculated: In simple words, CIBIL score presents your credibility in financial dealings, that whether you have repaid the previous loan amount by following the guidelines of the bank timely or not. If you have not paid EMI correctly or have not paid the loan as per the terms and within the stipulated period, then this behavior may add up to a bad credit score and can have adverse effects on your future loan approvals.
How much Credit Score is good?
As per CIBIL, the measure of credit score can be from 100 to 1000 points. Points less than 650, are considered as poor, that means, if your score is less than 650 then you may face difficulty in getting credit cards and loans. On the other hand, points more than 750 are considered as a good credit score. You will not face any hassle in getting loan from various banks or getting the credit card if your score is above 750 points.
- Excellent Credit Score: 750+
- Good Credit Score:700-749
- Fair Credit Score: 650-699
- Poor credit Score: 600-649
- Bad Credit Score: below 600
What would be Credit Score if there’s no credit history
What if you never had a credit card or loan before: If you are applying a loan for the first time or applying for a credit card, then in the column of credit score in CIBIL table, N/A will be written. In this situation, the bank will check out your monthly income, bank statement of the previous six months and by estimating your payment capacity, the bank will set credit card limit or can approve or disapprove your loan.
How to check credit score online?
To know your credit score, go to the official website of CIBIL, https://www.cibil.com/freecreditscore/ and fill your PAN Number, Date of birth, monthly income and other necessary details and then click on submit. After submission, a new page will open up. Here again, you will have to fill your information; however, details regarding PAN card will automatically get filled.
After it, you will get an email from CIBIL, in which you will get a link and password for your CIBIL account. After clicking on the link, you will be directed to a new page, here do login by filling your email id and password that you got in your email. After getting logged in, you will be asked to change your password. After setting the new password, your CIBIL Account will be logged out.
Then, login again with your new password. After login, you will get your credit score. Remember, through this process of checking CIBIL score; you will get information about credit score only. For any further detail, you have to pay fees of Rs. 500 to Rs. 1200.
How to improve your credit score?
Although, it’s not an easy task to improve your bad credit, as it takes a huge time to cover up, yet, your continuous efforts to fix credit score can prove fruitful to you. Here are some essential points, you should consider to improve your credit score:
- Firstly, thoroughly review your credit report by requesting its free copy. By doing so, you will come to know all the loopholes, errors and other faults. In case of errors in the credit report, you can confidently tell your point to the credit bureau.
- Make your payments on time & set proper reminders for it. You can enroll to automatic fees and get your loan installments, or EMIs paid on time.
- Make a proper payment plan, wherein, mention your budget, all accounts, loans taken, their interests, etc. In this way, you come to know about credit with the highest interest & can manage to lessen loans by maintaining the accounts accurately.
- Don’t put a negative impact by delaying bill payments. If you have neglected it before, then start making bill payments on time. Your these efforts will fade the earlier negative implications.
- Anyhow, if you are facing problem in setting your credit score, then it’s better to take the help of a credit counselor. This way will help you improve your credit score.
- Outstanding debt is dangerous. So keep your credit card balances low always.
- Pay the credit card balance on time. Don’t delay.
- You can raise your scores, by showing unused credit cards, so don’t close these down.
- If you don’t need those, then don’t issue new credit cards. More accounts mean less average account age, as it can prove risky for credit scores. So, if you can manage credit within the short span, then don’t open new accounts.
These are pretty hacks to improve your credit score. If you follow these thoughtfully & don’t open new accounts often, make payments on time, don’t leave any outstanding credit card balances, then slowly, you will be able to get your credit report improved.
(With inputs from Komal Singla)
How a good credit score is calculated by FICO
People often ask – What is good credit score? In simple words, a good credit score is something that makes you ‘credible’ in the business. Lender use credit score to decide to grant loans to their customers and their credit limits. A good credit score can save your money and lower your interest rates. A credit score of 700 or above is considered good with a range between 300-850. Different lenders define good credit score differently according to the size of organization.
What is Credit Score: A credit score is a statistical method to determine the likelihood of an individual paying back their money he or she has borrowed. A good credit score involves low risk for lenders and investors and the business itself.
How credit score is calculated
FICO score is the measure that is mostly used by lender to determine the risk involved in particular loan. FICO score is created by Fair Isaac Corp. Fair Issac does not reveal exact formula I uses. It operates within the range of 300 to 850 within that range, there are different categories which are :
- Excellent Credit Score: 750+
- Good Credit Score:700-749
- Fair Credit Score: 650-699
- Poor credit Score: 600-649
- Bad Credit Score: below 600
What makes up your Credit Score
When you borrow money, your lender sends information to credit bureau in the form of Credit report from the information in the credit report, bureau determines credit score based on five major factors. These factors include in credit score calculation, They are not given equal weighting.
35% – Previous credit Performance
30% – Current level of indebtedness
15% – Time credit has been in use
15% – Types of Credit Available
5% – Pursuit of New Credit
These factors are positive for you then you get a good credit score. You can also improve these to get good scores. You can’t assume that your score is good if you met the obligation on time. Your credit rating is checked. You can get your credit score free at Credit.com . This information is provided to you at no cost with your consent.
How Your Credit Score Affect Your Mortgage
How individual with varying credit score will pay dramatically different interest rate on similar mortgage amount. Your credit score affect your mortgage in many ways like.
Score Rate Monthly payment
720-850 5.49% $ 851
700-719 5.61% $862
675-699 6.15% $914
620-674 7.30% $1028
560-619 8.53% $1157
Good credit score gives you leverage to negotiate a low interest rate on your credit card or a new loan. It makes your credit card limit increased. You have more negotiating power. Therefore,To make good credit score you have to maintain low level of indebtedness having a long credit history, make bills payment on times.
(With inputs from Shaweta Narang)
Also read: How To Check CIBIL Score
Black Friday, Cyber Monday shoppers gear up for Thanksgiving weekend
The internet and social networking have hiked up e-commerce business manifold. Today, phones have not just remained for browsing, rather...
What Is CIBIL Score and How It Is Calculated!
Till now, you had to spend Rs 500 to Rs. 1200 to know your credit score or CIBIL score, but...
How a good credit score is calculated by FICO
People often ask – What is good credit score? In simple words, a good credit score is something that makes...
10 Google Tricks That’ll Change the Way You Search
A word, that was never heard by anyone 20 years ago, and now we cannot survive without using it –...
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Launched with Wireless Charging and True Tone display
After months of rumors and speculation, the new iPhones are finally here. Marking the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, Apple...
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2: What’s Inside The Box
Finally, Xiaomi has unvieled the Mi Mix 2 device which is an heir to last year’s bezel-less Mi Mix and...
7 Brutally Honest Demotivational Quotes That are Funny Yet Practical
Let’s be practical and face the reality. These new jogging pants aren’t going to make you fit and fine unless...
Muslim boy evinces the problems of Muslims in India, and it’s not funny
Why do Muslims have such a high population growth rate? Why do not they favor uniform civil code? What about...
5 Post-Workout Mistakes that are ruining your Fitness Goals
No matter how much energy and time you put into your workout sessions in gym, you won’t see the outcomes you...
How To Choose The Right Car Insurance According To Your Needs
We live in a world obsessed with cars. The launch of thousands of new and improved cars is a true...
Think It Loud
Irony of Happy Muharram – A Light Hearted Narrative Of Serious Issues
Someone said, “Anything can happen over a cup of coffee”. I would like to add one more line in this....
7 Revolutionary Quotes by The Legend Fidel Castro
Former Cuban President Fidel Castro, who led an army of rebels to improbable triumph, hugged Soviet-style communism transforming the Cuba...
Will Balochistan be free ever?
With rising tensions in Kashmir, Balochistan has, become a buzzword in India in last 5 years, though we know their...
The Age of Amateurism – Do DIY Tutorials Really Help?
TV chefs teach us how to cook better. Cutting edge sports equipment makes us run faster. And with a combination...
Wake Up Governments – Say goodbye to drugs
People accuse that Governments are supporting drug mafia. They say Government is helping peddlers. It is their political gimmicks, they...
Shocking Facts: Save Water Now or there will be nothing left to save
We equate water with life. Over the years, this indispensable resource has not only nurtured mankind, with civilizations having flourished...
How A True Saint in India is Cherishing Humanity With His Magnanimous Endeavors
‘World Kindness Day’ is celebrated worldwide every year on 13th November, to celebrate those good deeds that make someone else’s...
6 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Hosting Service
Most of the companies cannot afford even a couple of minutes of downtime in which their website goes inaccessible for...