We live in a world obsessed with cars. The launch of thousands of new and improved cars is a true reflection of the escalating demand for cars. Every year a plethora of new cars are added to the ever increasing ecosystem. However, in spite of the number of cars launched, a trifling fraction out of these is insured against accidents and other unforeseen events. A very small amount of people opt for the safety and protection of car insurance even though in comparison to a car it hardly costs anything.
A car insurance is a huge pile of different policies that cover different options in terms of liability coverage, bodily injury and property damage liability. Insurance of any vehicle is an agreement between insured and insurer that has a set of terms that fill be followed by insurer while one claims for any damage.
Comparing car insurance policies is really a tough task, even the small percentage of people that opt for car insurance, are either over-insured or underinsured and don’t have the coverage that they need.
What To Look For In A Car Insurance
Though all these terms vary according to consumer’s need, there are some basic things that one needs to check before opting for a right insurance policy. To change the perspective of the masses, we need to delve into the following details:
- Calculate an accurate IDV: The IDV (Insured declared value) is calculated on the basis of the car manufacturers listed price for the model and standard depreciation formula approved by the Indian Motor Tariff. The premium of the car insurance policy depends on the IDV. Most people manipulate their IDV to the lowest amount to reduce the premium amount. However, in that case your sum insured is also reduced. Therefore, ensure you have calculated an accurate IDV of your vehicle.
- Choose the add-ons wisely: This is the most important step in selecting a right insurance policy. There are a large number of add-ons to your car insurance policy that you can avail according to your needs. Be it a NCB Retention Cover which retains your No-Claim Bonus even after a claim, a Nil-Depreciation Cover which ensures the Depreciation amount of your policy is not considered at the time of the claim, or a Personal Accident cover which provides protection for the passengers. Based on your requirements you can avail appropriate protection in your policy. However, it needs to be noted that these add-ons will cost additional money.
- Number of network garages in your proximity: It is a known fact that you get cashless repairs at the network garages of your car insurance company. Therefore, the number of network garages in your proximity can be a game-changer. Before you choose a right insurer, you need to check out whether the insurance company is having a network garage in your locality for cashless repairs of your vehicle under insurance policy.
- Ease of buying insurance: Most car insurance companies offer Car insurance online. However, the buying procedure of each company is different. A few companies such as Reliance General Insurance offer an Instant quote functionality which gives you a premium quote through a car insurance calculator based on only your car registration number. This will save a lot of time which would have otherwise gone on filling unnecessary forms.
Hope these tips help you in understanding your needs better and leverage you enough to make an informed and well-educated choice when it comes to selecting your car insurance policy. There are many car insurance providers in India. Choose your car insurance policy wisely.
All You Need To Know About Car Insurance
Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ perpetuated the ‘phone-a-friend’ option. To participants frantically looking for answers, this feature was a much-needed lifeline. What if you would get the similar help with the complicating car insurance questions which are haunting you?
Many questions would be buzzing in your head on how to choose a right insurance policy for your car and for that you have many online calculators available on internet for comparison of car insurance policies. But can you rely on a calculator? A car insurance comparison can tell you about the policy cover, premium, tenure and claim, but there is more than that you need to know.
Well, I don’t have a ‘phone-a-friend’ option, but yes, I can give you one option — Read-this-blog. So, read on to find the answers to some of the most commonly-sought questions by car insurance buyers.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Insurance Policies
- Will my car insurance policy cover music system, which I installed during the policy tenure?
Car insurers cover electronic equipment, including music system at an extra premium. However, you would need to inform your insurance company and get the same covered under the policy after paying an additional amount.
- Can I transfer No Claim Bonus (NCB) of my company car to my name?
As NCB is attached to an owner and not the vehicle, it is possible to transfer NCB benefits of a company car to an individual. However, the company needs to give a declaration that the vehicle has been used by the employee.
- Will I loose NCB, if I change my car insurer at the time of policy renewal?
You will get NCB benefits even if you decide to change your insurer at the time of policy renewal. For this, you need to submit the proof of NCB earned on your previous policy to the new insurer. As a proof, you can submit the renewal notice received from your current insurer that enlists your NCB. Or, you can produce the current motor insurance policy copy along with a letter obtained from the insurer to validate that you haven’t made a claim in the previous year.
- If I earn NCB in a foreign land, will it be valid in India?
Yes, an NCB earned abroad is valid in India, provided the new car insurance policy is taken out in India within three years of expiry of the overseas motor insurance policy, as per NCB rules.
- Can I convert my third-party insurance into comprehensive policy?
Yes, it is feasible to convert a third-party insurance into comprehensive policy. As comprehensive policy covers both third-party losses and damages caused to your car, an insurer can insist on vehicle inspection to ensure that it is in a good condition.
- What is the status of a car insurance policy in case of death of a policyholder during the policy tenure?
In case of death of the policyholder during the policy tenure, the insurer transfers the policy in the name of a spouse or the closest family member by submitting the death certificate to the insurer. If the procedure is started within 90 days from the expiry of the policy, the insurer also transfers NCB.
- What happens to my car insurance policy if I sell my car?
In case you sell your car, you have two options:
- The buyer can get the policy transferred into his/her name by approaching the insurance company. However, as NCB is attached to an owner and not to the vehicle, the same can’t be transferred and thus, the seller will retain it
- You can cancel your current car insurance policy and the new buyer can purchase a fresh policy. You can get a refund for the unexpired tenure, provided there is no claim. If you have bought a new car, you can transfer the NCB from your previous policy to the new insurance policy. Note, the insurer will cancel your current car insurance only if you submit proof of purchasing another policy.
- If I have recently purchased a second-hand car, can I transfer the insurance policy of previous owner on my name?
In India, it is mandatory to have a third-party insurance to ply your vehicle on roads. In case of a second-hand car purchase, according to the Motor Vehicles Act, you are required to transfer the policy within 14 days of purchase. For this, you have to submit Forms 29 and 30 duly signed by the previous owner, the previous policy copy along with the RC copy transferred in your name. The insurer will charge a nominal fee to initiate the transfer.
However, if the RC copy has not been transferred into your name, submit all the documents mentioned above and the insurer may issue an endorsement on a transfer basis. However, it is necessary to submit the transferred RC copy at the earliest, as it is an important document which will be verified by the insurance company at the time of claim settlement.
- My car insurance policy has expired. Am I still eligible for NCB?
Yes, you are eligible for NCB even if your policy has expired, provided you renew your insurance policy within 90 days of the expiry. After 90 days, you will lose NCB.
- I haven’t filed a car insurance claim in the last five years, can I approach the insurer to cover the dent and repair expenses?
A car insurance policy covers losses or damages due to an accident, and thus, normal wear and tear, including dent and repair expenses, is excluded from the policy.
Also, with every claim-free year, you are entitled to get an NCB, which results into lower insurance premium rates. In your case, as you haven’t made a claim for the last five years, you can get discounts on premiums up to 50%. Even a single claim can bring your NCB to zero.
Therefore, it is necessary to carefully analyse the amount you spend towards repairing. If it is lower than the amount you could save by getting lower premium rates through the NCB, don’t file a claim. Avoid approaching the insurer for fender-bender losses or damages.
- Will I get the full amount at the time of claim settlement?
Though, you have purchased a comprehensive car insurance policy, you will not get the full amount at the time of claim. You would have to bear some costs at the time of claim settlement like depreciation cost, salvage value, compulsory and voluntary deductible. However, if you have a zero-depreciation rider, an insurer will settle the entire amount at the time of claim without deducting depreciation. But, other expenses like salvage value, deductibles, etc. have to be paid by the policyholder.
- Will I get coverage if an accident takes place in a city other than where the car insurance policy was issued?
It doesn’t matter where an accident takes place, you will get coverage.
- Will the insurer settle my claim if I lodge it after the expiry of the policy, for an event which occurred during the policy tenure?
Yes, you will be eligible for the claim even after the expiry of the policy. However, it is strongly recommended to file your claim timely.
- Can I submit all bills at the end of the year and claim for repairs?
No, a claim needs to be lodged immediately and will not be considered if delayed beyond a permissible time-limit.
- Will an insurer settle my claim if someone else was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident?
Yes, an insurer will settle the claim even if you were not behind the wheel at the time of the accident, provided the other person:
- Has a valid driving license
- Was not under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time of the accident.
Insurance of any vehicle is an agreement between insured and insurer that has a set of terms that fill be followed by insurer while one claims for any damage. I am not sure, how much Mr. Bachchan’s phone-a-friend option helped participants, but I am sure, this blog does. So, can I say, “Lock Kiya Jaye”?
6 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Hosting Service
Most of the companies cannot afford even a couple of minutes of downtime in which their website goes inaccessible for the visitors. For e-commerce companies, a few minutes of downtime can result into a big loss of money. That’s why everyone wants to have a good hosting service on their backend. But that may be easier said than done given the hundreds of alternatives out there which range from hosts in our own country to those who run their servers from EU or US and brag big about their services and add-ons.
But how can you know if you want to invest $10 per month versus $100?
If you are looking for best hosting in India, there are a number of posts covering the blogging websites and hosting platforms, which suggest and review the hosting services in India, but before you fall for the reviews list down all your requirements – what do you need and what not!
Which hosting is good or bad?
How close would be the data-centers for your customers? Just how friendly and fast that they solve your issues. Below there are various other elements which you ought to check while buying a hosting:
- The Bandwidth: Most shared hostings will probably be beneficial for you if you have around 15000 traffic on your website a month. Do not fall for the unlimited features they provide. On shared hosting you’ll observe that even if your bandwidth and space are infinite, the processor time and ram and inodes are, and they’ll limit your website when you have lots of visitors.
- The Uptime Guarantee: Most great players on the internet hosting marketplace are the same. When picking shared hosting, an essential aspect ought to be uptime and speed of delivery from those servers.
- Customer Support: Nobody can stop glitches 100 percent, so when and if you end up in the midst of one, it’s better to get somebody who you can call on to find an instant solution. That means searching for suppliers offering 24/7 customer support service who talks your language and really pick up the telephone when you want them to. You do not have to only listen to reviewers tell you just how reliable a Web host’s customer service is, you can check and see for yourself before signing up together. Ask questions and listen to the way every hosting provider copes with your queries.
- Web hosting location: You’d want UK/Europe based data center (much faster data delivery) and but remember, they won’t be speaking your native language and because of the time zone differences, their customer support representative won’t be able to solve your issues in your desired time.
- Site hosting speed: Site Speed is a ranking factor too. The quicker the website, more visitors, and conversions and much more income to your company. That is why you require local hosting, and examine their ping and webpage loading time; Google urges server response time under 200ms.
- Don’t fall for the name: Not all of the big-name Web hosts are all great for you. Big internet hosts are fantastic businesses which have built their forte to victory with time. However, we seldom get blindsided by their successes so much that we do not pay attention to if their hosting alternatives will suit our business requirements or not.
So which hosting would be best for your website? You already have the answer – the one that fits according to your requirements!
OMG This Porn Can Kill Your Libido
One of the biggest lies internet communities and modernism have sold us is that enjoying porn is totally healthy and acceptable. For many, cyber-porn is causing problems beyond finding ways to erase that browser history.
With republicans calling porn a public health crisis and governments banning it many countries, the damage done by porn has suddenly become a social evil as psychiatrists have linked porn with the making of ‘Young Sexual Offenders’ and sexual health experts have blamed it for inducing Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
How porn rewires your brain, hijacks your libido, and risks your bedroom life is certainly an issue that cannot be ignored anymore. Internet porn is creating a generation of young men who are hopeless in the bedroom, ruining many relationships and marriages, according to the recent researches.
Watching porn isn’t giving a guy erectile dysfunction, but also decreases their attraction to their partner, contribute to human sex trafficking, and addicting them to their computer screen.
Porn can ruin your relationship by killing your libido
Researchers think the Internet makes people much more vulnerable to sex addictions because it gives them instant access to pornographic material. While most porn viewers are guys, about one third of visitors to pornographic websites are women, and psychologists say women struggle with cyber-porn addictions, too.
Participants in a study viewed only about five hours of pornography over a six week period. Afterwards they noticed a direct impact on their sexual satisfaction in real relationships. The more participants were exposed to porn, the less satisfaction they had with their intimate partners: they were less likely to be pleased with their partner’s physical appearance, affection, and sexual performance in the bed.
The report, called ‘Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction is a Growing Problem’, explains that the loss of libido 30 years early is caused by continuous over-stimulation of dopamine, the neurotransmitter that activates the body’s reaction to s€xual pleasure, by repeatedly viewing pornography on the internet.
Exposure to lurid images and films in the new media is de-sensitizing so many young people that they are increasingly unable to become excited by ordinary sexual encounters, reports suggest.
How Porn Hijacks the Brain
A ‘paradoxical effect’ is created whereby with each new thrill, or ‘dopamine spike’, the brain loses its ability to respond to dopamine signals, meaning that porn-users demand increasingly extreme experiences to become sexually aroused. This imbalance in the brain leads to many problems: impotence with your spouse, frequent masturbation with very little satisfaction, anxiety, fatigue, lack of motivation, inability to concentrate, and escalating tastes for more bizarre or novel porn.
Over a decade ago, Dr. Judith Reisman called porn an “erototoxin,” theorizing that the brain itself might be damaged while watching porn. She speculated that future brain studies would reveal that the surge of neuro-chemicals and hormones released when someone watches porn has measurably negative effects on the brain.
Her theory was initially ignored by the perverts but the recent studies and brain mapping proves it scientifically that porn can ruin your sex life, romantic relationship and the marriage. People who think that porn is harmless and simply helps people “get in the mood”, or “relieves frustration”, are kidding themselves.
The chemical processes in our brains are really complicated, and when you start messing with them, it’s really difficult to develop a healthy sexuality again.
Black Friday, Cyber Monday shoppers gear up for Thanksgiving weekend
The internet and social networking have hiked up e-commerce business manifold. Today, phones have not just remained for browsing, rather...
What Is CIBIL Score and How It Is Calculated!
Till now, you had to spend Rs 500 to Rs. 1200 to know your credit score or CIBIL score, but...
How a good credit score is calculated by FICO
People often ask – What is good credit score? In simple words, a good credit score is something that makes...
10 Google Tricks That’ll Change the Way You Search
A word, that was never heard by anyone 20 years ago, and now we cannot survive without using it –...
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Launched with Wireless Charging and True Tone display
After months of rumors and speculation, the new iPhones are finally here. Marking the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, Apple...
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2: What’s Inside The Box
Finally, Xiaomi has unvieled the Mi Mix 2 device which is an heir to last year’s bezel-less Mi Mix and...
7 Brutally Honest Demotivational Quotes That are Funny Yet Practical
Let’s be practical and face the reality. These new jogging pants aren’t going to make you fit and fine unless...
Muslim boy evinces the problems of Muslims in India, and it’s not funny
Why do Muslims have such a high population growth rate? Why do not they favor uniform civil code? What about...
5 Post-Workout Mistakes that are ruining your Fitness Goals
No matter how much energy and time you put into your workout sessions in gym, you won’t see the outcomes you...
How To Choose The Right Car Insurance According To Your Needs
We live in a world obsessed with cars. The launch of thousands of new and improved cars is a true...
Think It Loud
Irony of Happy Muharram – A Light Hearted Narrative Of Serious Issues
Someone said, “Anything can happen over a cup of coffee”. I would like to add one more line in this....
7 Revolutionary Quotes by The Legend Fidel Castro
Former Cuban President Fidel Castro, who led an army of rebels to improbable triumph, hugged Soviet-style communism transforming the Cuba...
Will Balochistan be free ever?
With rising tensions in Kashmir, Balochistan has, become a buzzword in India in last 5 years, though we know their...
The Age of Amateurism – Do DIY Tutorials Really Help?
TV chefs teach us how to cook better. Cutting edge sports equipment makes us run faster. And with a combination...
Wake Up Governments – Say goodbye to drugs
People accuse that Governments are supporting drug mafia. They say Government is helping peddlers. It is their political gimmicks, they...
Shocking Facts: Save Water Now or there will be nothing left to save
We equate water with life. Over the years, this indispensable resource has not only nurtured mankind, with civilizations having flourished...
How A True Saint in India is Cherishing Humanity With His Magnanimous Endeavors
‘World Kindness Day’ is celebrated worldwide every year on 13th November, to celebrate those good deeds that make someone else’s...
6 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Hosting Service
Most of the companies cannot afford even a couple of minutes of downtime in which their website goes inaccessible for...
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – What’s Inside The Box
Pangu Fails To Release Jailbreak Tool for iOS 10.3.1; Best Alternatives Revealed
Steps to Download Vidmate for PC, Laptop, Blackberry and Mac (iOS) – How To Guide
6 Premium iPhone Apps Gone Free For a Limited Time
InFocus Turbo 5 – When It Comes To The Battery, Bigger Is Better
Gaming Headsets – What Features to Look For?
- FactCheck2 months ago
OMG This Porn Can Kill Your Libido
- Potpourri4 months ago
Shah Mastana Ji – Incarnation of the Divine Light
- Education5 months ago
Know Some Interesting Facts About Ravana This Dussehra – Wallpapers & Wishes
- Featured5 months ago
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Launched with Wireless Charging and True Tone display